The same question plagues me most years around this time. What can I get my dad that will show him how much I appreciate him? Of course, there’s always the standard tie or cufflink. But after decades of birthdays and father’s days, he has plenty of those. This year, I have a new idea: themed gifts. Combining a unique gift that he will use with an experience he will love will make this Father’s Day extra special.
Lucky for you, I am going to share a few of my ideas.
- The Sunday Morning Special — Give dad a pair of these beautiful and classic Bedhead Men’s Pewter Stripe Fine Cotton Pajamas (you know he’ll love them, but would never buy them for himself) along with a subscription to his favorite magazine or newspaper (e-reader subscriptions are great too if your dad is a kindle or iPad user). He’ll be thanking you every Sunday all year long.
- Catch of the Day — Normally, the idea of getting up at sunrise makes you want to push deeper under your duvet. But you could do it once for dear old dad. Treat him to the pleasure of your company by planning a fishing trip for the two of you. Pair the experience with these cozy “Good Catch” Flannel Lounge Pants (they’re 30% off, too!) that he can wear and reminisce about your day out on the water.
- A little pampering — He might not admit it, but even dad can appreciate a little pampering now and then. Get him a gift certificate for a massage at a local spa and give him this cashmere-like chocolate brown robe so he can bring a little bit of that luxury home with him.
- Pizza Pizza — Sometimes, love is said best with food.Take him out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, or make him his favorite meal at home. And give him this “Sorry, I Was Thinking About Pizza!” shirt to let him know you really understand him.
- His Happy Hour — Celebrate your dad’s love of an old fashioned grill out with this fun “Happy Hour” mug and t-shirt from Life is good. Pair it with a membership to the barbecue sauce or beer of the month club to make this gift complete.
Still in need of more gift ideas? Check out our Just for Dad category for many more pajamas, shirts and accessories that dad will love. Remember Father’s Day is June 17. The Pajama Company ships orders the same day. To guarantee delivery by Friday, June 15, choose ground shipping through June 8, third day through June 12, second day through June 14 and overnight through June 14.