1. Fresh hydrangeas
2. The feel of cooler nights
4. Breakfast in bed
5. New school supplies!
6. Yummy pajama treats
7. Our favorite PJs still warm from the dryer
9. Falling asleep to the sound of the rain
10. Knowing sweater weather is coming…
Happy Friday, friends!
What piece of clothing in your wardrobe is most important to your well being? Well, pajamas, of course! Here are eight ways that pajamas bring on the good spirit…
1. You uniform for relaxation – slip on your PJs at the end of a loooong day, and watch your mood transform and your cares dissolve.
2. Fun prints! – pajamas invite in the free spirit and self expression. Monkeys…Bacon Enthusiasts…Sushi…and the list goes on…
3. Sleepovers – what’s a sleepover staying up late with your friends without your favorite fun PJs?
4. Family time – pajamas mean fun family time: movie nights, Netflix marathons, lazy breakfasts, holiday mornings…
5. Comfort – has there ever been and will there ever will be more comfortable clothes than pajamas?!
6. Pajama Days – lounging and relaxing ALL day in your jams. H-A-P-P-Y!
7. Fun songs – jammies inspire fun songs like this one!
8. Feeling like a kid again – pajamas have a way of bringing you right back to childhood. Especially our footies!
There you have it… If you think those pink gnome PJs are as cute as we do, click here for all the details!
Now over to you: how do your pajamas make YOU happy? Tell us below!
By Steffi Badanes, Social Media Intern
Editor’s Note: Steffi Badanes is our newest Pajama Company intern. You will see her around this blog, Facebook, Twitter, Polyvore, Tumblr, Instagram, and Pinterest. As always, we asked Steffi to introduce herself to you by answering some very important Pajama Company questions.
1. Describe your favorite pajamas.
They’re a pair of blue and green argyle pajama pants that say “nerds rule” on the butt! I love David & Goliath. They always make the cutest PJs!
2. What would your perfect day look like?
I love spring/summer weather, so it would have to be at least 75 degrees out. I love wearing shorts and tank tops, so hitting the town in a cute outfit with some close buds is perfect!
3. What was the last book you read?
I’m a college student. The last book I read was a memoir about eating disorders for my writing class called Wasted by Marya Hornacher. It was tough to read at points but a really honest look at the human mind of someone with an eating disorder.
4. What song is currently stuck in your head
Love Today by Mika. It’s just such a happy and positive tune!
5. What youtube video are you watching over and over?
Space Oddity: A music video in space by Commander Chris Hadfield! I’ve always wondered what astronauts do for fun while they’re hanging out in space.
6. Winter or Summer?
Summer. Without question. I love expressing myself through my clothes. You have to cover up your cute outfits with giant puffy coats in the winter!
7. Stripes or plaid?
I’m such a stripes girl. I wear some form of stripes everyday. I own five different black and white striped shirts!
We want you to check out our collection of videos on our You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/ThePajamaCompany
We think people are really happy when they are wearing pajamas and we’ve captured some moments on video that prove just that!
Well, I guess we had better grin and bear it. There is a chill in the air. It’s that time of year to switch from pajamas with flip flops to pajamas with uggs or socks or slippers. It’s that time of year when pajamas feel cozy and warm and just right. Somehow pajamas just seem perfect for the newspaper and a glass of wine, facebook and a coffee, TV and munchies, DVD and popcorn, twitter and any of the above! It’s fall. It’s here and we will somehow cope. Images of a roaring fire, a blanket, pajamas, that book we meant to read all summer, the movie we can’t believe we never watched (and all our buds are talking about it..embarrassing!) , a warm mug of something wonderful, and of course fabulous pajamas fill our heads tonight. How sweet that pajamas can just make the world a better place. All is good.
By Ellie Badanes
Life in pajamas pretty much says it all. I admit it, I live and work in pajamas and I have the best excuse of all for this good habit. My business is pajamas. Hopefully you have visited my pajama world www.ThePajamaCompany.com filled with fabulous pajamas and other related goodies. Actually it is wonderful to work in pajamas whatever your work might be. Of course Entrepreneurs and bloggers are famous for working in pajamas.
I don’t know about you but I have always done my best work in pajamas, even before my pajama business days. Everything is just a little less stressful in pajamas. The world in a little happier in pajamas. Books are more enjoyable, coffee tastes bolder, tea is more piping, diet coke is colder and snappier, magazines are more glossy, sit coms are funnier, couches are more comfy. Pajamas can just bring out that bit of fun in kids as well as adults. In pajamas wearing a “Watermelon” or “Pizza” or “Donut” or “Snowman” print is, well, perfectly acceptable. Can serious work be accomplished dressed in “Sock Monkey” pajamas one might ask…the answer is “Yes” of course! So today, I’m celebrating Life in Pajamas.