Long after you graduate from college, you will feel nostalgic excitement when you spot a soon-to-be college freshman roaming the aisles of a department store, cart packed full of storage bins, towels, and twin sheets. When you leave the comforts of home, your dorm room becomes a cave of comfort.
After a few months, the dorm itself becomes more like home: packed with friends and familiar faces, sharing takeout in the lounge, watching a favorite movie with a roommate, late night study sessions. Students develop different routines and schedules and the dorm becomes a buzzing hub of activity, just as a house is for families.
A person’s idea of home revolves around one key element: comfort. One of the classic comforts of home is your ability to wear pajamas anywhere you go. Check out our PJ “Look Book” below for ideas on how to stay cozy, calm, and comfortable anywhere on campus.
The Back-to-College Pajama Look Book
1. The “I’m Running Late for Class” Look. The line for the shower was six people deep and you finally got your turn — there was even hot water this time! Now you’re sprinting back to your dorm room in your bathrobe pick out a stylish outfit and do your hair with the 10 minutes you have left to get to class… or pull on the pajamas that are already on your bed, throw on a hoodie, and head out the door? No brainer.
2. The “It’s Too Cold for Jeans” Look. It’s a winter wonderland! And by winter wonderland we mean sleet and freezing rain sloshing around in a frosty snow globe. Your class is across campus and life is good underneath your fluffy, warm down comforter. The thought of pulling on a pair of cold, stiff jeans isn’t the motivation you need to leave your cocoon. Taking a hot shower and zipping yourself into a pair of flannel one-piece footie PJs that feel more like a sleeping bag than actual clothes? That’ll do the trick.
Boxercraft Red and Black Plaid Flannel Pajama Pant
3. The “But It’s Raining” Look. Wet, cold, foggy: gross. You’re already going to have to navigate puddles and maneuver an umbrella when it’s raining sideways. Throw a jacket over these cozy flannel pants, slip on some dry rain boots, and you’re ready to swim to Organic Chemistry.
4. The “We Don’t Have A/C in Our Dorm and It’s 96 Degrees Outside” Look. If you’re sharing a hot tin can with 300 other co-ed sardines it can get a little stale and stuffy by springtime. After you’ve spent the night sweating next to your desk fan, it might be time to cool off in some breezy boxers in the fresh morning air.
5. Finals Footwear. What day is it? Is it still nighttime? Where are the coffee filters? All questions you find yourself asking during dreaded finals week. This is not the week for real clothes. Or showering. Or sleeping. Or socializing. No finals week zombie walk is complete without a pair of comforting, fuzzy slippers. Slip these on, grab a slice of cold pizza, and knock out that test.
6. The “That Party Was Epic But I Need 10 More Hours of Sleep” Look. The party is over and you’re feeling less than peppy in the AM. You don’t want to leave bed, but the cafeteria stops serving bacon at 11. Compromise: a bathrobe is essentially a comforter you can wear. Win, win.
7. The “We Can’t Afford to Go Out Tonight” Look. When your budget looks like it’s about to be blown, it’s time to rally the troops for a binge-worthy Netflix marathon. Order a pizza and get comfortable in a pair of super soft, extra wide-leg pajama pants. It’ll feel like you’re watching TV in bed, even though you’re surrounded by ten of your closest, brokest friends.
8. The “It’s Been a Rough Week” Look. Pajamas, above all, are a security blanket. Whether it’s a breakup, roommate drama, or stress from balancing school and life with your new internship, sometimes we just need to hibernate on the weekend. Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate (or noodles), turn on a Law and Order marathon, and shut off your phone. Put on a pair of PJs in the most fun, outrageous pattern you can find. You’ll be feeling like yourself again by Monday.
Embrace every pajama-filled, pizza-laden, coffee-saturated, sleep-deprived moment of your college experience — and good luck to the class of 2021! For the latest in dorm fashion, visit us at www.thepajamacompany.com/dorm-ready.